Sunday, July 19, 2009

Stair Steps

This afternoon I had V and K stand against our bookshelves and made a little pencil mark for their heights. K was 29 inches. V was 40 inches. And, Little W, is right in the middle of them at just over 34 inches. Three little stair steps.

We are still waiting on Little W's medical report. No problems are anticipated, but we're trying not to get too attached yet. She is quite the little cutie!

We are either #1 or #2 on the list waiting for a baby boy, so it shouldn't be long for a match.

We are STILL waiting for our home study report, though we expected it last week. The home study agency forgot to get a child abuse clearance that we needed. We're estimating another two weeks until that's done, then possibly another week before the final copy is approved and ready. We trust God's timing in this, and in the whole scheme of things, a delay of 2-3 weeks isn't bad at all. Everything else has moved so quickly, much more quickly than we could have ever anticipated. We did send all of our other dossier documents to our agency this week, so as soon as the home study is ready, our dossier will be authenticated and sent to Ethiopia for translation! After it's translated (and as long as we are officially matched with both kids) then I think we can get a court date!

So, I talked about beds in the last post. We went out looking at bunk beds some this weekend. I love them, but I worry so much about the safety of them, especially with four little ones. Because we need to make a purchase, they are great for the long term, but I worry about the next couple of years. Living in China has lots of perks, one of them being that we can have furniture made, often for less than the cost of buying it! So, we are considering having beds made for the girls' room. I saw these beds and thought they looked like a pretty cool option. Any thoughts? (If you want to leave a comment, but don't see the comment button then just scroll over where it should be and it will magically appear!)

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love it! I used to baby sit for a family with a similar bed for 2 year old twins. It was easy for them to get on and off, lots of storage, safe sides, and cute.

nicole said...

I LOVE this! I think I may start looking for it for our girls!