I LOVE LOVE LOVE Eden's hair!!! The longer it gets, the more gorgeous her curls are. She's probably got about 4 inches of length now if it is pulled straight. The last time it was cut was last September when it was shaved off at her orphanage. Her hair is now very soft and thick with the most gorgeous ringlet curls!
Check out those ringlets coming down!
She's starting to get some good length but it will probably take a few more months to really be able to tell.
Admiring her hair after having the piggies taken out.
This is her "I'm so happy that I'm a little crazy" smile. She always make silly faces and runs around the house (preferably naked) doing her crazy dance after I've taken out a style that leaves her hair looking, um, natural. 
And Daddy is always ready to join in with her silliness!Before we brought the kids home (and even after), I wanted to make sure that we used something on their curls that would keep them looking beautiful and healthy. For those of you who might wonder what we use, here's the breakdown. This is what works for Eden's hair, so I can't guarantee that a child with more coarse hair would do as well with the same products. We wash about once a week and condition 2-3 times a week.
Shampoo: Taliah Waajid Kinky, Wavy, Natural Berry Clean Three in One This product is for kids. I snagged this for $2.99 a bottle at a local hair supply store in Charlotte. I'm assuming it was mismarked, so I stocked up while I could!
Conditioner: Taliah Waajid Enhancing Herbal Conditioner TW doesn't make a good conditioner for kids, and since her products are reasonable priced for the quality, I decided to try her "adult" conditioner. It is very thick, and a little goes a very long way (at least in Eden's hair). I haven't tried any other conditioners on Eden's hair, but I love way this one is working!
Daily Moisturizer/Comb Out: Taliah Waajid Kinky, Wavy Natural Easy Herbal Comb Out This has always given her curls a very clean look, but now that her hair is getting longer and tangles more easily, I see what a great job it does as a comb out. In the mornings and after nap I spritz her hair with a little water and put some of this Comb Out on it. I also snagged a few bottles of this for $2.99! I was pretty excited!
Coconut Oil: Nature's Way Pure Extra Virgin Coconut Oil I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! I'm sure the brand doesn't really matter, just so you buy a good quality EV coconut oil. Every couple of days I melt a tiny bit of it in my hands and then massage it all through her hair. It has given her curls amazing definition and a gorgeous shine but does not leave her hair feeling greasy. I will definitely try other shampoos, conditioners, and moisturizers, but I will not go without coconut oil as part of her hair routine.
What we are doing is working very well for Eden right now. She constantly gets compliments on her beautiful curls and the pleasant, light coconut scent of her hair.
4 comments:
Eden's hair is so beautiful! I love it! The piggyback piggies hairstyle looks really cute on her. I just recently tried a similar hairstyle on Janae, and I think it turned out pretty well.
If you ever want to try snaps in Eden's hair, this is a great website to get them from: http://www.snapaholics.com/index.html
Oh, and this website has some really great ideas for hairstyles and hair care: http://www.happygirlhair.com/
I love Eden's hair. The curls are getting so much tighter as it grows longer. I have had to cut Amaya's hair 2 times already. When pulled out straight her hair was 4 inches this last time, it is growing so fast. She doesn't sit still at all to have her hair done so for now it needs to stay shorter I guess. It looks really cute with headbands in though. I love the coconut oil too. I use it on their skin, it works AWESOME! It was great to talk with you last night and finally catch up again.
Her hair is gorgeous! I love Mihret's hair, too, but her curls are much tighter than Eden's. M has a TON of hair, and I dont' know what it will be like when it gets longer. Like Eden, she had it shaved in September (or maybe October), so it's just now getting a bit of length. It's fun to play with. I love coconut oil too!
:)
Post a Comment