Monday, August 22, 2011

Kai Kai

There is something extra special about this little one.  Almost everyone who meets him falls in love.  His full first name is simply Kai, but we affectionately refer to him as Kai Kai.  He has a sweet tenderness about him.  He frequently tells me, "Mommy, when I get big I going to take care of you."  I'm not sure where he heard it or why he says it, but I love that at 3 he's already planning to take care of me.  He is 110% mommy's boy and would stay attached to my side 110% of the time if I let him.  He does not like strangers, especially loud women who get a little too close trying to check him out.  The first thing he says when he wakes up in the morning is, "I'm ready for my yogurt now."  He prefers several small meals a day to three big meals.  He loves to ride bikes and watch TV.  He's my sleeper.  Sleeps about 2 hours in the afternoon and 11 1/2 hours at night, and falls asleep within moments of hitting his pillow.  He has a love affair with his blanket and "nuk-nuk".  We tossed the Nuk a while back, but brought it back when we realized he wasn't sleeping well and we had a two month trip through the U.S.  He may end up bringing it to college with him because I'm not quite ready for my baby to grow up.  I washed his blanket a few days ago and saw him sadly sitting in front of the dryer trying to spot it.  It was in the washer. :-)

We celebrated Kai's 3rd birthday on July 1.

He LOVES LOVES LOVES sweets!
We had his birthday dinner at a Mexican restaurant.  
More sweets!
So strong!
And so handsome!
My daddy is one proud Grandpa.  Kai stole his heart at 6 months old, and now they can't get enough of one another.
Is my blanket in there? 
Where is it?  I can't find it?
Glad Mommy found it...I can finally sleep!

0 comments: