Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Kids' Rooms


This picture of Vera and Eden W's room is a repeat, but I thought I'd post again anyway.  The bottom bed is just a tad smaller than a full sized bed in the U.S.  We haven't decided for sure yet what the sleeping arrangement will be.  We probably won't know for sure until Eden W comes home.  We will either put both girls on the bottom, Vera on top (thought I'm still nervous about doing that...there's a reason the ladder isn't installed on the bed yet), or separate the top from the bottom and have both girls in their own bed.  I guess we could just have one sleep on the carpet if we need to.  Who knows...

And this is Kai and Tobey A's room.  The crib is smaller than a crib in the U.S.  We'll use it as long as we can, but have a feeling that Kai will be out of it before he's 2.  Vera started climbing out at 22 months, and Kai is much more of a climber than she was.  The boys' room is VERY small and having two twin sized beds is pretty much out of the question.  Until they are a little older we'll either put them both in the twin bed or put Kai on the crib mattress on the floor.

If necessary we have a guest room that we can convert to a third room for the kids, but hopefully all 4 kids will be happy sharing rooms and possibly beds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something tells me there will be no problems with bed sharing! :) Tobias A and Eden W are used to sharing tight quarters. And your little gum-swapper appears to be a fabulous snuggler...

Anonymous said...

I say NO to top bunk until 7 years old. Too much chance of head injuries (remember I had 5 concussions as a child). The girls will be able to share that bed just fine. It will be like two adults sharing a queen!