After many conversations about names.... After flipping through baby name books many times... After searching website after website for the perfect names...
We have finally come to a decision!
Littler A's legal name will be Tobias A___ Snead. For a while when he first comes home we'll call him A___. We'll eventually transition to Tobias or Tobey. The meaning of Tobias is "God is good". The meaning of A___ is "God is my help". What strong names for a strong little boy! The name A___ was given to him by his birth mother. Since it hadn't been too long since we had last looked at little boy names, we had a few that we knew we'd consider. Tobias was at the top of the list, but we had no idea what the middle name would be (his Ethiopian name), so we were open to other possibilities. When we got Littler A's referral and put the two names together, we felt like it was a perfect fit!
Little W's legal name will be Eden W___ Snead. The meaning of Eden is "delight, pleasure". The meaning of W___ is "grape". Like Littler A, we'll gradually make the transition from W___ to Eden after she comes home. Deciding on her name was not nearly as easy as it was for Littler A. With an Ethiopian name meaning "grape" we wanted something special. Every time I looked at name lists Eden stuck out. Thing is, some friends of our had just named their baby girl Eden. Not only that, it was the friends who really got us thinking about Ethiopian adoption. I was sure that was why I kept being drawn to the name. One night Matt was looking at list after list after list. He was quietly jotting down names that he thought he might like. Finally, he said, "This is it. This is the first name that I really like." Later, he read through his list. When he got to Eden I was sure that had to be the name he had made the comment about. It was, and we both knew that Eden was the perfect name for our little girl.
**If you want to know what their Ethiopian names are, please send us an email and let us know as we are not permitted to post the names online until the children are legally ours.
7 comments:
I like the names! I especially like the idea of calling the little boy Tobey (The Office?). Thanks for letting us in on the secret!
LOVE THE NAMES...especially the way they work with their Ethiopian names!!! Perfect! A good strong name for that strong little boy of yours, and a beautiful, peaceful name for your gorgeous little girl!
love it!! they both are beautiful & i love them keeping the heritage of their ethiopian names. seeing these names makes it more real - tobias snead & eden snead.
i love it!
Beautiful names with beautiful meaning! I love them!
(And boy was I so wrong- lol!!) :-)
LOVE THEM!!! Ya'll always come up with cool names. :) Can't wait to see these little faces in person. And if you have time, I'd love to know their Ethiopian names. Perhaps, you should CALL me and tell me. ;)
Oh I love the names you all have chosen.... Eden was one of the names I wanted for Willow! Love it!
Patricia
These are great names! We considered Tobias too.
Post a Comment