Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Matt has Alazar!

Matt got Alazar a day later than expected because half of the families traveling were delayed getting in.  We got an email from him this morning.

"Alazar is with me!  They brought him over at about 10:25 this morning
and overall he's doing really well.  He was very happy when he was
getting out of the van coming over, but as soon as he was passed to me
he stopped smiling until I pulled out a ball.  Then he was happy again
and we played in the courtyard for about an hour and he was happy
pretty much the whole time.  He didn't like slim jims and didn't want
bananas and I ordered shirro wat for lunch, which he loved.  But he
wanted me to feed him and wouldn't pick things up himself.

He hated lice treatment and selsun blue bath time (screamed the whole
time), but I didn't see any lice or things that looked like ringworm
so that's good.  His hair was super tangled like it hadn't been combed
or brushed for a long time.  After bath time (one of the longest hours
of my life), I lubed him up and got him dressed and put him in bed
(about 2:00).  After crying for a few minutes he fell asleep and I
woke him up a few minutes ago after sleeping for an hour and forty
minutes.  He came in a diaper and hasn't pooped yet.  The outfit I put
on him is pretty big, so I rolled up the sleeves and pants.

So right now overall he's doing well, especially when I'm playing with
him.  He still loves balls and likes cars and trucks.  Need to go now,
but know that I miss you guys a lot!"

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats you guys, and way to go Matt!

To Michelle: Our guys are the only ones I know of in the whole wide world (though there must be a few more) who traveled solo to Ethiopia to pick up their sons. Aren't we the most blessed women to have such wonderful men? :-)

Can't wait for the next installment.

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing these details with us! it really helps me get a picture of this transition for all of you and how to pray.
love you guys!

the tjeps said...

What a great husband you have. You can tell that he knows those little details are important to you. Can't wait to hear more!