Thursday, March 3, 2011

As promised, Thailand Part 2

The second week in Thailand was spent at a Christian retreat type of non-profit "resort" called Juniper Tree.  It's intended to be a place of rest and refreshment for people in ministry living and working overseas, and is absolutely perfect for families with young children.  We had a 3 bedroom bungalow to ourselves for the week.  Juniper Tree provides 3 meals a day plus laundry service for a "donation" of the running costs of our stay.  There were 3 playgrounds, a swimming pool, a playroom, and a TV room.  I had brought a few things to keep the kids occupied while we were there, but in reality needed absolutely nothing in addition to what Juniper Tree already had.  The week truly was very restful and refreshing!

I never know if I should put captions above or below my pictures.  Last post was below, this post above.  If anyone knows the "correct" way to do it, I'd love to know!  :)

Kai reading up on the facilities at Juniper Tree.
Some of the greenery.  I can't believe I didn't take a picture of our bungalow.


One of the playgrounds just outside of our bungalow.
 The girls on the see-saw.
 Pillow talk with the boys before bed.  They love pillow talk!
 My "baby" and I!
My "baby" LOVES dessert!
 So does this one...
 And this one...
 And, yes, this one too!  We had a few more donuts than should be allowed in one weeks time.  Yes, we gorge ourselves when some of life's simple pleasures aren't usually available to us.
 We tried to have lots of fun, and mommy even got in on the silliness.
 Daddy's always silly!
 Two of my wonderful kids!
 The best husband ever and two more of my sweeties!
 We went swimming most days.  Fun times had by all!
 Kai wasn't crazy about swimming (the water was a little chilly), but had a great time playing by the water.
 Tobey loved the water!
 Eden was so brave in the water.  She learned to hold her breath and to open her eyes in the water.  She'll be swimming soon!
 The rougher we are with her, the happier she is!
 Getting thrown by daddy.
 Vera wanted in on the fun too!
 Tobey needed some of the action as well!
 Our only family picture from the entire two weeks.
 I have one more post coming soon about our day at the zoo.  It deserves a post all its own!

3 comments:

jessie said...

awesome pictures! so glad to see y'all are doing so well :) thanks for sharing!

beth said...

What a great time away! Looks like everybody had a super time.

JJ said...

LOVE the pictures. I just CAN'T wait to meet up this summer. We'll have to find a hotel with a pool and let all 9 kids swim. It'll be a blast.