We have made it through the first leg of our trip, Xiamen to Hong Kong. In a little over an hour we board the plane for Dubai. After about 4 hours in Dubai, we'll board our plane to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Wow, I have a huge range of emotions right now! I can't imagine how I would feel if we were going to bring the kids home. This is just a visit trip and yet I feel like I can't relax! What am I feeling...?
...anxious.
...nervous.
...excited.
...excitedly anxiously nervous. :-)
...I wonder what the kids personalities are like.
...I wonder how long it will take to see them smile.
...I wonder how to make them smile.
...I wonder whether or not they have started to develop a sibling bond.
...I wonder how soon we will see Littler A. He's in Addis, so we may see him the day we arrive. We may not see him until the next morning when we get ready to fly to Mekele.
...I wonder if we'll learn anything more about their situation before coming into the care center.
...I wonder what the other kids are like.
...I'm excited to be the one to hug kids for their adoptive parents.
...I'm excited to see the kids smile.
...I'm excited to take pictures of the kids with smiles on their faces.
...I'm excited to learn more about Ethiopia and have pictures and stories to share with the children as they grow up.
...I'm grateful to have this opportunity to travel with the purpose of visiting and not to care for the children. We will have the opportunity to focus on our kids, others kids, touring the area they come from, learning about the culture.
...I wonder how Littler A's blood draw is going to go. Hopefully this draw will be successful!
We're going to Africa! I keep saying it over and over. Africa! We are going to Africa!
Monday, September 21, 2009
One flight down, two to go. And then one more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Praying, praying, praying for you and Matt! I can hardly believe it and can hardly imagine the range of emotions and the jittery excited nervous anticipation. Can't wait for pictures.
We met at DGCC last night and prayed for you, a whole big group of folks, so know that you are being lifted up every step of the way!
Also, it's fun to know just where you are having just flown that route from Xiamen to Hong Kong in July! But the rest of it, I just have to imagine.
Lots of love to you and Matt and don't forget to breathe :)
I love this post! I can just feel how much energy you have, and I am grinning in pure joy for you.
So, so, so excited for you!!! Sorry I lost this blog link, so I haven't been keeping up :( Beth sent it to me today! Can't wait to hear more!
GOOD LUCK!! I am so excited for you guys!! What a great opportunity. Can't wait to hear how it goes/went and to see the pictures. May the meeting with your kids go well and smooth. I hope you see them smile quickly
Post a Comment