We made it to Mekele this morning! We have had an amazing day, one that could never fully be put into words. We met Littler A last night in Addis Ababa. He was brought there for his blood draw this morning. Thank you for your prayers. His blood was drawn out of his arm on the first try! We had a fun time spending a little time with him last night. He's a little bigger and heavier than we expected. I think he's been eating well since coming into IAG's care.
When we arrived at the care center this morning in Mekele, the gate was opened and Little W was standing just inside with a bouquet of flowers in each hand. I scooped her right up! :-) We were able to spend most of the day at the care center. We participated in a coffee ceremony, saw a "fashion show", and spent lots of time playing with the kids. A couple of the older ones speak a little English, so it was great to have their help. We saw lots of smiles from Little W and Littler A as well as all of the other children. Little W spent most of the day in either my arms or Matt's. When we left this evening, she cried. I can't imagine how difficult it is going to be when we leave for several months and can't just say, "See you tomorrow." We are just in awe of what we saw and experienced today. We can't wait to share more with you when time permits!
Tomorrow we'll spend more time at the care center and maybe doing some touring around the area. Now, we must return to our hotel (a 19th century castle!) and get some rest.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
We are here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, my goodness, Michelle and Matt! I am crying from happiness that you have met your precious children! My prayers are with your whole family. I can't imagine how hard it will be for you to say goodbye for several months. Much love to you and all the kids in Mekele (especially my A and M)!!! Staying in a castle...how cool! :)
Oh.wow. What an incredible day. Praying for your time with W and A and for grace for you all to get through the parting - but for now, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Oh wow, what a great post! It sounds like you had the most amazing day. And a castle? How cool!
Holding Little W in your arms all day sounds so wonderful, and YAY on the blood work! That is awesome news!
So happy for you guys. I hope tomorrow is another wonderful day, and the next couple months fly by.
I cried when I read this update! So happy that you all made it to Meleke safely and that you've been able to connect with your kids :) So precious. God is so good!
So so happy you're with them! They sound so sweet. Also a few tears thinking of you there with them, and with ours! Sending lots of love and hugs,
Lindsay
Oh what joy!! I can not wait to see them with you! Can you take pictures?? I bet when you saw Little W those flowers you died! sigh
Patricia
Post a Comment